Tuesday, August 23, 2011

30

So I turned 30 yesterday. Still not quite sure how I feel about it. I was talking to my sweet grandmother in law last night, and I told her it's funny, when you're younger you always want to be older. I remember thinking I couldn't wait to be 16, at 16 I couldn't wait to be 18 at 18 I couldn't wait to be 25. But once I turned 25 I was no longer excited about being any older. Strange how we think that way isn't?

As I look back over the last 30 years of my life I am in great awe of how the Lord has worked in my life. At 18 I would have never thought he would have me where I am now at 30. I am excited about that.

When I woke yesterday I was reminded of this verse:

forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal of the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14

Though I don't necessarily  like the idea of getting older, I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store for me as I do get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment